This lesson introduces animation. Students will be taught how to make animation frames and put them in a holder. They will then make scripts to create the animations. The lesson's activity will be to add animation to various sketches from the previous lesson.
SCREENCAST - (en) (ht) (es) (pt) (fr) (de) (ja)
|Unable to render embedded object: File (basic-etoys-09-front.png) not found.||Unable to render embedded object: File (basic-etoys-09-back.png) not found.|
- To make animation, first drag the holder from the supply box.
- Next, make a copy of your sketch (the first frame) and drag it into the holder.
- Resize the holder to make it fit.
- Make another copy, then repaint it to make small changes to the new frame.
- Make a copy of frame 2, then move frame to into the holder.
- Repaint the third and following frames in the same manner.
- Make sure your frames are in the correct order.
- The black box around a frame is called the cursor.
- Make an "animate" script for your original sketch.
- Drag the look like tile from the graphics category to your script.
- Open the viewer for the Holder and drag out the player at cursor variable from the collections category to your animate script.
- Then drag the cursor variable by the white arrow and make it say "cursor increase by 1"
- Collapse the holder to put it out of the way temporarily.
- Hide the holder by clicking hide tile from miscellaneous category.
- To show it again, click the show tile.
- To find hidden objects, use the players panel from the supply box.
PROJECT - (multi)